Each familiar scene has been carefully photographed to mimic the staging and lighting of the original movie, but with the scenery, actors and actresses recreated with everyone’s favorite building blocks.
We had a special paid preview of our newest Keller Gallery Exhibit – Brick Flicks on Friday, June 30 from 6 – 8 PM.
Tickets included early access to the Brick Flicks exhibit, a LEGO Firewalk from Sir Troy’s Toy Kingdom, view of a custom made LEGO McKinley National Monument, and a variety of kid friendly food options, including mini corn dogs, chicken tenders, and mac and cheese. The winners of our LEGO contest were featured in the exhibit as well! The Gift Shoppe was open from 6 – 7:45 PM and features LEGO kits available for purchase.
We accepted entries for our Lego Building Contest in conjunction with the Keller Gallery exhibition Brick Flicks. The age groups were: K – 2 (Duplo’s Only) 3-5 (Elementary School) 6-8 (Middle School) 9-12 (High School)
Contest rules were:
- No purchased kits were permitted. Their entry must be a design of their own creation.
- Themes: The theme for K-2 entries was ANIMALS. For all other age groups, the theme was AMERICAN HISTORY.
- Winners are displayed in cases for the duration of the Brick Flicks exhibition from July 1 – September 30, 2023. Their creation must be smaller than 30” x 30” and less than 24” high in order to fit inside our cases.
- One winner from each age group was selected, with additional winners chosen from any age group until space is met. Winners also received free passes to attend the Brick Flicks preview event and a free one-year membership to the Museum.
- All creations had to use Lego brand bricks. (The Brick Flicks exhibition agreement required that only Lego brand bricks are displayed in conjunction with this exhibition.)
- Photo submissions were required.