Job Announcement: Gift Shoppe Co-Manager
Stark County Historical Society
800 McKinley Monument Drive NW
Canton, Ohio 44708
January 4, 2021
Position: Gift Shoppe Co-Manager
Available: Immediately (Apply by Jan. 15, 2021)
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary: $12 per hour
Hours: Part-time (10:00 am to 4:00 pm during operational hours on weekdays and/or weekends.)
Mission Statement: The vision of the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum Gift Shoppe is to provide supplemental revenue for our organization. Our mission of the Gift Shoppe is to establish opportunities for a continuation of the museum experience by offering unique and educational merchandise.
Job Overview/Description: The Gift Shoppe Co-Manager will be responsible for organizing and managing the day-to-day operations of our small, non-profit retail shop, which is located inside the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum. This person will oversee support personnel, implement effective inventory control policies and procedures, as well as utilize engaging merchandising techniques to generate revenue for our institution. The Gift Shoppe Co-Manager should be an individual with excellent communication skills, and who will be reliable and flexible. This position will be a part-time hourly position, conducted primarily during operational hours for the museum on weekdays and/or weekends. Occasional participation with special evening or virtual events may occur, and will be essential to support the museum’s educational goals and community out-reach endeavors.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience related to retail sales, and the foundations of customer service principles and procedures.
- Proficient with current data processing applications, such as Microsoft or Google Suite software.
- Able to operate a computerized Point of Sale (POS) cash register or able to learn how to use.
- Knowledge of effective business and accounting procedures.
- Able to establish a budget and maintain inventory that will promote the museum’s educational values.
- Incorporate marketing plans for online, and in-store merchandise, as well as promotional events.
- Able to multitask while ensuring attention to detail, as well as maintain a high attention to providing excellent customer service
- Able to maintain moderate physical activity levels for periods of time, and lift boxes up to 25 pounds.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist visitors in person, over the phone, and online.
- Answer questions related to the museum and surrounding area.
- Communicate to visitors, staff, and the community about current promotional events and advertisements of merchandise.
- Supervise and guide support personnel on efficient visual merchandising techniques.
- Identify alternative resources to enhance educational opportunities in order to partner with community members/organizations.
- Prepare and maintain annual budgets to achieve financial objectives in order to maximize yearly revenue and minimize expenditures.
- Develop and implement plans for a yearly capital and replacement campaign.
- Maintain accurate sales receipts and revenue reports to be given to the accountant and other museum stakeholders.
- Process purchase orders and invoices in a timely manner.
- Track sales and analyze variances of inventory and marketing trends.
- Record daily sales receipts and track monthly income.
- Determine marketing strategy.
- Display merchandise in an engaging manner that is accessible for all visitors.
- Formulate price, and mark inventory.
- Identify current and future product trends.
- Order/reorder/move products for fresh merchandise.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Product development: Research new products, create new products
- Process online and mail order requests.
Interested candidates may apply by filling in this form at https://forms.gle/GbqG1rhQGhzVwLZq9 . (Apply by Jan. 15, 2021)
Gift Shoppe Manager